Technology is very frustrating to me. Last week before school started, my computer crashed--the capacitors on my motherboard had a meltdown. Now, I am working on a new laptop; it is taking me a while to get used to a new version of Windows and a very sensitive mousepad. While trying to set up UBC Vista, gmail, and blogger, it does not seem to be a simple task for me--very frustrating. Also, I am not able to listen to other classmates posts. I will pick up a pair of USB headphones and see if that works. Update: I am using Google Chrome instead and everything works fine.
For the last three years, I had a teacher-librarian position, but I got surplussed and moved to a new school. This semester, I am teaching 2x English 9, Communications 11, and English 12. I am having a little difficulty finding Comm. 11 material.
Anyways, that sounded like a vent. Normally, I am a happy sort; I am just feeling a little overwhelmed at the moment. Luckily, I had a fantastic summer camping, fishing, hiking, and canoeing in Northern BC with my six kids, their spouses, and seven grandchildren. I did not want the summer to end. My camera's zoom button is broken, so I did not take any pictures in the summer because I sent my camera in to get fixed to London Drugs, so I thought I would post a few pictures of my trip to Banff for my 50th birthday last December.
I chose to post my learning and reflections on Blogger because when I opened a gmail account, it was under the More icon and it seems fairly easy to use. I have Blogged before for other courses, but the web site was Blogspot, not sure if they are the same or not. I chose the simple design.
No comments:
Post a Comment