I created an Animoto using an English 12 group's independent novel project on Yann Martel's Life of Pi. The group created a game board. I did not take pictures of the game cards though. A lot of creativity went into the students' project.
https://email.animoto.com/pub/cc?_ri_=X0Gzc2X%3DWQpglLjHJlYQGNTB1B9GiGXwoEuUHXCBkilNM861sYWVXtpKX%3DWBBUR&_ei_=EudOGAIid8eTVaybGhicyEgz7qpgfRzJdWn_JPcrzEplw4wmIs3sAoaT2xl6Thz9nqL4N1KE9-M4Pr5bdrRVQkNV4_9MyREhg0_sMUOeEVU-Ue9Ud8enKac6LYeGkL4TD7HGZ0fip1MmC7UWVfKzPxrQj3evYCa80uo.
First time I created a Glog. Life of Pi Glog Check it out.
I can see the potential of using Glogster in the classroom or the Learning Commons. A stimulating, multimedia, visual format is definitely more interesting and engaging to students nowadays.
The following is a Movie created by a group of English 12 students. Asseff Lohrab is on trial for the crimes he committed in The Kite Runner. The movie the students created is based on a Dr. Kane talk show. The video is complete with two commercials and bloopers at the end. It is quite entertaining.
It won't upload or I am doing something wrong. Will edit post later.
Update: video is either too big or I do not know what I am doing.
Tried to compress the file to make it smaller; still did not upload.
I have spent too much time trying to upload this video to my Blog.
At first, I was going to save to You Tube; however, I decided to cancel the process as the students had their names in the credits, so in the interest of safety, I decided not to post. Just take my word for it that it is awesome and shows the power of students sharing, collaborating, and learning.
For the same English 12 class, the Life of Pi group recorded a series of Podcasts--eight in total--in addition to, the creation of their game board.
Again, the result was very engaged students in the collaborating, sharing, and discussion of the novel. The discussion was very deep and thought-provoking, more so than a list of vocabulary and questions could ever do.

I'm so happy to hear the results you got from this project. I could just imagine how good the video was, and I bet you'll have more students wanting to do these types of projects in the future. They develop skills such as story telling and collaboration while having fun and demonstrating their learning. WinWinWin.
ReplyDelete